DRAGON BOAT EXPERIENCE: DISCOVERING DRAGON BOAT (third part)
The National Commission "Ali del Drago Rosa", composed by representatives of the crews of Women Operated for Breast Cancer, is established in accordance with the guidelines of the International Breast Cancer Paddlers Commission (IBCPC) and the International Dragon Boat Federation (IDBF).
The Commission is aimed to:
- Develop communication to improve life quality for women operated for breast cancer, through the practice of dragon boat racing as an activity that effectively contributes to reaching a good level of mental and physical balance.
- Encourage the formation of crews of women operated for breast cancer all over Italy, promoting a link between companies affiliated to the Italian Dragon Boat Federation (FIDB) and the associations/structures that support women operated for breast cancer in any national realities.
- Propose to the Federal Council some non-competitive sports activities for the crews of women operated for breast cancer within the federal schedule. The organization of these activities must be based on the criteria for inclusion and involvement, as expressed in the founding act of the International Commission IDBPC.
- Contact the European federations at the European Championships, in order to assess the inclusion of non-competitive sports activities for the European teams of women operated for breast cancer, should not exist within the same federations a representative of these teams. If not, the Commission will connect with the body representing the team of women operated for breast cancer in the host European country for the same goal.
- Act as a liaison officer between the teams and the affiliated international bodies such as IBCPC and IDBF on the participation of Italian crews at both the international film festivals and the international championships to which teams of women operated for breast cancer are allowed, also informing the non-affiliated teams, thus sharing the communication and enhancing their admission.
- Propose and organize participatory festivals reserved to the crews of women operated for breast cancer on both a national and a European level, according to the criteria mentioned above and in accordance with the International IBCPC Commission.
|See all newsletters|